How the risks will be managed
- Teacher acts upon government guidance surrounding maintaining hygiene.
- Teacher reminds pupils regarding maintaining good hygiene standards such as regular hand washing, not touching mouth/nose/eyes.
- Pupils are supervised by teacher if using hand sanitiser.
- Pupils and Parents are asked to wash hands when entering the building, after coughing or sneezing and after using the toilet.
- Teacher undertakes cleaning of key touch points at interims, using anti-bacterial wipes or spray.
- Tissues are available for use by pupils and teacher. Tissues are disposed immediately after use.
- All touch points will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each evening.
- The classroom will be kept well ventilated through opening the waiting room door and windows wherever possible.
- Parents are requested to not wait for pupils in the waiting room to minimise touch points and allow social distancing between adults.
- To further allow social distancing between adults, if further feedback is required about a pupil’s progress, please make contact via email, phone or text message.
Practicalities in the classroom:
- Pupils to observe a 2metre distance from each other when in the classroom and waiting room and avoid any physical contact.
- The teacher will be separated from the pupils using a Perspex screen.
- Desks will be positioned so that children are two metres apart.
- Children will not directly face each other.
- Equipment on the tables will be kept to a minimum. Each child will be given a sanitised pencil at the beginning of their lesson and equipment will be cleaned at the end of each evening. Children will not share equipment during lessons.
- Desks and chairs will be cleaned with antibacterial wipes or spray between lessons.
- If homework is required, it can be sent electronically.
Pick up / drop off:
- If possible, parents are requested to remain outside.
- If parents do enter the waiting room then they are requested to observe social distancing measures of staying 2 metres apart.